Students earn a minimum of 12 s.h. in the following core courses.
Please visit our course database to see which courses are offered each semester.
All students must take:
- WRIT:1500 Writing Commons: A Community of Writers, 3 s.h.
Plus three of the following:
- WRIT:1003/LING:1003 English Grammar, 3 s.h.
- WRIT:1600 Fast Fixes: Improving Your Writing In Six Short Weeks, 1 s.h.
NOTE: WRIT:1600 must be repeated three times, with three different subtitles, in order to count as a single core course.
- WRIT:3080/LING:3080 History of the English Language, 3 s.h
- WRIT:3632/CNW:3632 Prose Style, 3 s.h.
- WRIT:3742/CLSA:3742 Word Power: Building English Vocabulary, 3 s.h.
or WRIT:1740/CLSA:1740 Writing Strategies: Word Origins and Word Choice, 3 s.h.
or WRIT:1030/LING:1030 English Words, 3 s.h.
- WRIT:4745/CW:4745 The Sentence: Strategies for Writing, 3 s.h.
- WRIT:4760/CW:4760 The Art of Revision: Rewriting Prose for Clarity and Impact, 3 s.h.